What is #TechMakers?
If you’re a Tech Maker and you’re ready to take your project to the next level, then we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
Introducing the #TechMakers challenge, where you can showcase your computer science skills through your project, and potentially win a scholarship to bring it to life!
But we don’t just want to hear about it, we want to see it! All you have to do is post a short video with the hashtag #TechMakers on Goodwall, explaining your project and how this scholarship can help make it a reality.
How much does it cost?
The challenge is completely free.
How long does the challenge run?
The challenge runs from February 16–March 16, 2023.
#TechMakers participants will also benefit from Goodwall’s current and future activities, such as programs and weekly challenges.
What is the challenge prize?
$1,000 for 1 winner
How are the winners selected? What are the criteria?
The winners will be selected by our community team based on the quality, insightfulness, and creativity of their submissions. Winners will be announced shortly after the challenge comes to an end.
Challenge participants are awarded points (up to 9) based on the following criteria:
- Post a 1-min video (no longer) with a short description (0–3 points)
- Tell us about a local issue in your community (0–3 points)
- Explain how you would fix it (0–3 points)
In addition to winning funding for your idea, you’ll inspire your friends, classmates, family, and neighbors to join the #IAmAnInnovator initiative.
How can I participate?
Start by downloading the Goodwall app (available for iOS and Android). Once you have set up your Goodwall profile, upload your entry as a video (up to one minute long) and tag #TechMakers. It’s that simple!
Can I join at any point during the challenge?
Yes, you are welcome to participate at any point during the challenge.
Who can participate?
- Open to all high school, college, and graduate students.
- You must be either: (1) at least eighteen (18) years of age or older (except in the case of legal residents of certain states or commonwealths where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, then such legal age of majority) at the time of entry; or (2) at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time of entry and have a parent’s or legal guardian’s consent and supervision to use Goodwall.org and enter this #TechMakers Challenge on Goodwall.
- Must have a created one (1) valid (attributed to one physical person) Goodwall profile and submitted an original challenge submission as a video between thirty (30) seconds and three (3) minutes in length.
- Attempts to submit incomplete or inaccurate challenge participations will result in permanent disqualification from the scholarship contest and all future contests.
- One (1) entry allowed per person. Entries are only valid for the #TechMakers Challenge on Goodwall period that they are submitted
I am not a student, can I still participate?
Absolutely! No matter your field, it’s essential to continue to develop your skills. If you want to get ahead, you need to learn and grow constantly.
How will I receive my prize if I win?
A Goodwall Community Manager will contact you soon after winning a challenge to arrange prize delivery.
What is Goodwall?
Goodwall is a global community that levels the playing field for young people, allowing anyone to connect and discover professional opportunities.
Featuring over 2 million members in 150 countries, we offer more than 5 million jobs and opportunities, more than US$1.5 million in scholarships and awards, and countless volunteer events.
Through our platform, we help Gen Z reach their full potential, showcase their achievements, and gain support in order to reach their full potential and positively impact society.
Any questions left?
Feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.